If you are an Indian citizen without the Aadhar card, then you’ll face a lot of problems proving your identity with the other government identification proofs. In India, the aadhar card has the paramount importance in the government system as the identification proof. With the online system to immediately verify the identity, the Aadhar has been the most critical verification document. If your lost aadhar card is coming in your way of claiming the government schemes and benefits, then you should apply for the duplicate copy of aadhar.
Finding the aadhar card online is not rocket science. All you have to do is to provide the aadhar number or enrollment number and the mobile number. You’ll find the aadhar card details online after giving the details. But, what if your aadhar card lost while traveling and you want to a duplicate hard copy of the same? Don’t worry, in this post; we will tell you how to get lost aadhar card and use it as the identification proof.
How to Get your Lost Aadhar Card?
There are multiple ways to get your hands on the duplicate copy of aadhar card. The government has announced about these ways already, but the people have no idea about the same. That’s why we are sharing the official ways to find aadhar card and get a duplicate copy of the same in your hand.
How to Find UID EID
You should know the EID or UID to generate the electronic aadhar. If you don’t remember the aadhar card number or don’t have the Enrollment slip, then you should follow these steps and remember the UID or EID.
- First, you have to know the UID or EID. If you don’t know the same, then you should find UID EID to get the E aadhar.
- Go to “https://resident.uidai.gov.in/find-uid-eid” to start the procedure of finding UID or EID.
- Select what you want to recover and start entering appropriate details like the Full Name, Email ID and mobile number and then click on Send OTP.
- You’ll receive the OTP on your registered mobile number. Type the OTP and you’ll see the Aadhar UID or the Enrollment EID number on the screen. Note the numbers for further use.
Method #1 – Print Eaadhar card
The Eaadhar is the facility of the Electronic aadhar card. The Eaadhar facility allows the citizens to get access to the digital copy of their aadhar card, which is valid in a legal sense. The eaadhar works as the aadhar card and people can print it and get the hard copy. If you have lost aadhar card while traveling, then here are the steps to Find lost aadhar card.
- First, visit the “https://resident.uidai.gov.in/web/resident/home“ and click on the “Download Aadhar” option.
- Now, enter the appropriate details like the Aadhar Number or EID, Full Name, Date of Birth, Registered Mobile number and others.
- After entering the details, click on “Request OTP” button and type the received OTP in the text field.
- Now, you’ll see the button named “Download aadhar”. Click on it to download the PDF file of the aadhar card.
This is how you can download the electronic aadhar card for aadhar card print out, you download the PDF copy and print using your printer and apply for a new original copy from Aadhar Center. If you don’t have the access to computer for downloading the electronic aadhar, then you should follow the Method #2.
Method #2 – Aadhar Enrolment Center
The Aadhar Enrollment centers are the kiosks for enrolling for new aadhar card. On these centers, you can request for the duplicate hard copy of the aadhar card. All you have to do is to locate the nearest aadhar enrollment center, fill up the provided form to retrieve a duplicate copy of a lost aadhar card and submit the same form with appropriate identification proofs.
The Center will process your form, and you’ll receive the duplicate hard copy of the aadhar card on your registered communication address. The process is very long as it takes several days to process and dispatch the physical copy of aadhar to your address.
Many people complain about the aadhar card lost while traveling or being stolen. Losing the critical identity document is very troublesome, and you should take immediate actions to recover the same. In this post, we share two working methods to get lost aadhar card back to claim the government benefits and participate in government schemes as the Indian citizen. I hope you’ll follow the ways we have shared in this article and download the Electronic aadhar or manually request for the physical copy from the enrollment centers.