The Aadhar is one of the most critical government identification proof provided by the government of India. The Aadhar card is the biometric proof of the citizens of India. The Aadhar system is made up of the biometric, eyes and the private information. As it is mandatory for almost all of the government services, the people are rushing to the Aadhar enrollment center. If you have enrolled for the identification proof, it is essential to know the aadhar card status.
As you have to get the information about your aadhar enrollment process status, you should frequently check aadhar status to make sure it’s processed and dispatched to your registered address. If you are interested in checking the aadhar status online after enrolling for the same, you should check out the steps mentioned in this post. Here, we are going to share some beautiful methods that’ll help you to check the e aadhar status and get a printout of the same for your needs.
What is Aadhar Card?
The E Aadhar Card is the unique identification proof provided by the UIDAI, which is the government entity. The UIDAI gathers the necessary data from every person, for say the biometric data, eyes scans, residential proofs, and many others and assign that person a unique identification number. The same number will appear on the Aadhar card, and the number is known as the Aadhar number. As per the court rulings and the government notifications, the Aadhar number is required at almost every government portal for availing the subsidy and the benefits provided by the government.
How to Check Aadhar Card Status Online?
There are multiple methods to check the status of your e aadhar online. You can check the status via an online portal or via the simple IVRS or SMS system. Here are the methods and exact steps to do so.
Method #1 – Check Aadhar Card Status Online
You can check the status of your aadhar card on the official site of UIDAI. Here are the exact steps to do so.
- First of all, visit the “https://resident.uidai.gov.in/web/resident/check-aadhaar-status” in your browser.
- On this site, enter the Enrolment ID you got after registering for the aadhar card.
- Along with the Enrolment ID, you have to enter the Date of Birth in the DD/MM/YYYY format.
- After entering the necessary details, enter the captcha code and click on “Check Status” button.
- You’ll see the status of your aadhar card on the screen.
- If you don’t see any status on the screen, then you should wait for a few days and then check.
Method #2 – Check Aadhar Status via Mobile
The e aadhar card status can be checked by sending the SMS . You can send the SMS to the UIDAI from the registered mobile number and get the aadhar card status via SMS. Here are the steps to do so.
- Open the Message composer in your smartphone and type the message in this following format “<UID Status <Enrolment Number>“.
- Replace the <Enrolment Number> with the number you have received after enrolling. You’ll find it on the enrolment receipt.
- Send the message to “51969” and wait for the reply.
- If the aadhar number is generated, then you’ll receive the same via SMS. If it’s not generated, then you’ll receive the current status report.
- You can also check Aadhar Status by name also.
So, this is how you check aadhar card status online. The aadhar card is one of the most critical government identification proofs you need to carry along. The aadhar generation takes a long time as there are millions of people in the queue. But the system will generate it within a few days, and you can check the e aadhar status online. I hope you learned how to check aadhar status online. Just check the status and download the e aadhar if the number is generated for you, or all you have to do is to wait for a few more days.